Woohoo! I’m so proud of myself! I have finished two WIPs this week, and who cares that they were both really small?! It’s just good to get them out of the WIP box and off my mind! Going through all my crafting stuff to organize it really helped motivate me to take care of my WIPs before starting any new projects.
So, here it is: the St. Maurus Headwarmer.
I used leftover yarn from my Spring Trench Coat to make this. I thought it might be fun to wear them together in the fall when it’s cool again. This was the first time I tried the Jacob’s Ladder technique, and it was really pretty simple. (Although I’m still not sure I did it quite right as it didn’t look like I thought it should when finished.) The reason it took me so long to finish such a little project was that I started it on a car trip, not realizing that I needed to see pics of the Jacob’s Ladder technique in order to understand what to do. So, after I got stuck during my trip, the headwarmer was relegated to the WIP pile and forgotten once we arrived home. Last night I finally pulled it back out, found Christina’s instructions and figured out what needed to be done. I still don’t really like the way it looks, at least not as much as others I’ve seen. I don’t know if it’s something I did or if I’ve just had it sitting around too long. And the headwarmer really looks bad with my new short haircut…oh well. Since I only cut my hair every six months or so, by fall it might look fine! :o) Hee, hee!
Well, I need to do some housework now, so I’d better get off the computer and get to work!
Stitchin’ and Grinnin’,