I finally finished that project and pattern I’ve been working on! And yes, as you guessed, it’s a baby blanket…soon to be gifted to a coworker who is expecting her first baby! It’s taken me too long to get this pattern put together and posted, but it’s finally here anyway. You can find the complete pattern in a pdf file on my new page called “Pattern Place.”
I do have a few comments about this pattern, for those of you who are interested in trying it. First of all, I made this a bit larger than I intended, and I used almost the entire Pound of Love to complete it. If you don’t want to use that much yarn, you could use 12 fewer chain to decrease the width, then leave off one sc row and one dc row in each of the sections without the diamond pattern. I think this should keep the blanket’s shape fairly even, but reduce the size and the amount of yarn used. Second, I used a simple ch2 v-stitch for the edging partialy to conserve yarn, although I did experiment with other edging ideas first. I just wanted something that geometrically fit with the diamond pattern. If you come up with a different edging, please share your ideas with me. I’d love to see photos of anyone’s finished afghan! Last, but not least, this is only the second pattern I’ve written out, so if you find an error (and you probably will), please email me, or leave a comment here! I want to know if I can do anything to make it better! :o) Thanks!
And last of all, here are the photos I took of the finished blanket:
Thanks for looking!